Request the Graduation Process
To make sure that your account is in order for the new school year we will run the graduation process for you.
- Login to your account and go to Account Settings / Graduation Request
- Click on the Request Graduation link go through the steps
What does the graduation process do?
This time-saving feature will move all students up one grade and “graduate” those students who are in the highest "active" grade in your account. For example, if your school contains grades 6,7,8 it will move all the 6th graders to 7th grade, all the 7th graders to 8th grade, and it will graduate all the 8th graders.
- Promote students to the next grade level and delete students that are in the last "active" grade. Families with only one student in the highest active grade will also be deleted.
- Clears the class rosters if you have students linked to teachers.
- Optionally removes all volunteers assigned to activities. You may elect to keep these if you've had parents signup for events in the coming school year.
- Un-checks all family and individual members.
- Resets confirmation status for your upcoming back-to-school rollout.
- Sets your directory viewing criteria for who can view your directory when open.
A few questions you'll be asked when you request the graduation:
- Are you an opt in or opt out school? This will determine whether family data will be viewable in the directory the same as last year or you want all family data to be hidden and you require families to confirm and unhide their data to start. Click here for additional information.
- Review your grades - the grades determine the order your students will be promoted and the last grade used to graduate or remove students. Check to ensure that the order is how you want your students promoted up. Note that if you have grades used specifically for linking to teachers only, such as a split grade (1/2, 2/3, etc.) uncheck these grades to ensure that students are promoted into them. You can reactivate them after the graduation process.
- Parent Signups: Do you wish to keep or remove parent signups and assignments? This does not remove event and activity setup, only parent assignments.
- Directory Viewing: Who can view the Directory when it's in an Open status? Your choices include all parents, members only, or confirmed families only. If you make a choice other than all parents, you'll want to provide a custom message to explain to parents accessing your portal why they're unable to view the directory.
- Date scheduled and comments: let us know if you have a specific data you wish the graduation to be run and if you have any questions about the process or your account.