How to issue a refund
Sometimes a sale doesn't work out. Either the product is no longer wanted or they paid twice. To issue a refund, do the following:
- Refund the sale in PayPal. This will credit the purchasers credit card
- Delete the sale from the sales log under Store / Review sales
- If the product was a Membership Type (Family, Parent, etc.) go to Membership and the respective page and update the membership status (deleting the sale doesn't automatically clear their membership)
- Optionally, if you wish to keep an audit in your MSA account, add an offsetting manual sale.
- Go to Store / Record a Sale
- Click to Add a Sale
- Select the product and Add
- Proceed to the payment recording page and edit the price of the item to a negative value (-10 for example)
- Save the sale
- Go to Store / Review Sales and delete the sale.