How to issue a refund
Sometimes a sale doesn't work out. Either the product is no longer wanted or they paid twice. To issue a refund, do the following:
- Refund the sale in PayPal. This will credit the purchasers credit card
- Use Record a Sale to enter a sale reversal. Enter the product originally purchased with a negative dollar amount, then select Update.
- If the product was a Membership Type (Family, Parent, etc.) and the parent will no longer be an active member, go to Membership to set Membership status to Inactive. Reversing the sale doesn't automatically clear their membership status.
- Edit the product quantity for original and reversed sales under Review Sales.
- Go to Store / Review Sales and delete the sale.